In August 2018, the Shymkent Refinery RFCC took in feedstock and started production. The CatCracker is part of a modernization project by PetroKazahkstan. The first stage of modernization at the site was completed in 2017, with the second stage due for completion in September 2018.
- catalytic cracking RFCC;
- hydrotreament of gasoline “Prime G +”;
- gas demercaptanization “Merox”;
- production of ETBE additives;
- production of sulfur, hydrogen purification, etc.
The goals of the Project are as follows:
- Increase the annual capacity of the refinery from 5.25 to 6 million tons;
- Increase refinery yield;
- Improve the quality of motor fuel output of K-4, K-5 ecological classes according to the requirements of the Customs Union Technical Regulations; and
- Reduce harmful emissions into the atmosphere.
- Nelson Complexity Index (NCI) is expected to increase from 4 to 8.2
The RFCC with a capacity of 2 million tons of raw materials per year, designed and built using the technology of UOP (USA). It is 50% owned by China National Oil and Gas Exploration and Development Corporation (CNODC)
Construction of the refinery in southern Kazakhstan began in 1972.
In 1983 the first batch of oil was received.
First gasoline was produced on January 28, 1985.
Connect with Paul Orlowski and his FCCU network on LinkedIn.
Learn about FCCU Training and CatCracking Conferences.